Cameroon vs Ghana: Prediction, head-to-head,Statistics and Preview.

29/06/2019

It’s a star-spangled rivalry at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations as Cameroon and Ghana square off. Here’s what you need to know.

A rivalry for the ages that’s not played out on the international footballing stage as often as you might expect.

The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations match between Cameroon and Ghana is sure to be one of the tastiest clashes of the tournament. They rival each other in almost ever sphere – from football to faux pas and squad drama.

A rivalry for the ages that’s not played out on the international footballing stage as often as you might expect. The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations match between Cameroon and Ghana is sure to be one of the tastiest clashes of the tournament. They rival each other in almost ever sphere – from football to faux pas and squad drama.

Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah says the time has come to end the dominance of Cameroon over his country in the Africa Cup of Nations.

The Black Stars have confronted the Indomitable Lions four times from 1982 and the best they have achieved is two group draws while suffering two semi-final defeats.

“We are going to give Cameroon a really good game and I am sure we will emerge victorious,” said the coach in his second spell as Ghana coach.

Defending champions Cameroon will start as slight favourites to win the Group F clash in Ismailia Saturday having been the more impressive performers earlier this week.

Appiah is not overly concerned with the two dropped points against lower-ranked Benin because Ghana are traditionally slow starters at the Cup of Nations.
They always recover and boast a record of six consecutive top-four finishes from 2008, including finishing runners-up twice.
He was upset by the dismissal of veteran Boye, believing his time wasting should have earned a verbal warning rather than a second yellow card.

Cameroon centre-back Ambroise Oyongo, one of four starters against Guinea-Bissau who were part of the 2017 title-winning team, says they must improve against Ghana.

“We have to raise our game against Ghana. We did not start with a win in 2017 but this time we did and I believe that is a good omen going forward in the competition.”
Prediction, head-to-head.

Prediction

As you might expect, this one is tough to call. Cameroon are the favourites, but only ever so slightly. They have a 37% win probability. The draw is at 33% and a win for Ghana is at 30%.

Head-to-head

There haven’t been that many meetings between these two sides. Just eight previous clashes in total. Cameroon have won just two of those. Three of the others were a draw. And Ghana have picked up three wins.

news today

Popular Today

From Talented Kids to National Science and Maths Quiz: Samuel Owusu makes unbeatable history; makes everyone proud
South Africa halts AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine Rollout
Man shoots his girlfriend for infecting him with HIV/AIDS.

You May Also Like